an area of skin that is thick or hard from continual pressure or friction (as the sole of the foot)
bony tissue formed during the healing of a fractured bone
(botany) an isolated thickening of tissue, especially a stiff protuberance on the lip of an orchid
cause a callus to form on;
"The long march had callused his feet"
form a callus or calluses;
"His foot callused"
- I walked to him and took his outstretched hand which was rough with callus.
- We have tried treatment, but the position of the callus revealed by the scan needed surgery.
- Heavy work callused his hands.
- callus formation 愈伤组织形成, 骨痂...
- autotrophic callus 自养愈伤组织...
- primary callus 原始骨痂
- callus pad 胼胝垫
- basal callus 基疣
- pollen callus 花粉愈伤组织...
- temporary callus 暂时骨痂
- somatic callus 体细胞愈伤组织...
- callus cushion 胼胝垫
- provisional callus 暂时骨痂
- seasonal callus 季候胼胝体
- callus wood 愈合材
- humeral callus 肩胛
- dormancy callus 固定胼胝体
- definitive callus 固定胼胝体
- final callus 最后胼胝体
- axillary callus 腋胛
Their noses were unremarkable, being small and without sufficient callus to give them a definite shape.出自： E. Linklater
Editors have..to develop enormous calluses at every point of contact with authorship.出自： fig.