- n. 西南；西南风；西南地区
- adj. 西南的；来自西南方的
- adv. 往西南；来自西南
- [S] 西南，西南方，西南部 (the direction of) the point of the compass that is halfway between south and west
- 西南的，西南部的 of or belonging to the southwest part
- 向西南 towards the southwest
the compass point midway between south and west; at 225 degrees
the southwestern region of the United States generally including New Mexico, Arizona, Texas, Nevada, California, and sometimes Utah and Colorado
the direction corresponding to the southwestward compass point
a location in the southwestern part of a country, region, or city
coming from the southwest;
"the winds are southwesterly"
situated in or oriented toward the southwest
to, toward, or in the southwest
- Wales is in the southwest of the British Island.
- Plentiful rainfall is expected in Southwest China.
- Tainan is situated in the southwest part of Taiwan not far from Kaohsiung.
- This river flowed southwest to the Atlantic Ocean.
- Spain lies to the southwest of France.
- On the southwest coast, the temperature changes very little between summer and winter.
- Some birds are flying southwest.